- This event has passed.
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS
June 29 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Build your knowledge of Instructional Support indicators and dimensions—and understand why they matter. Strong interactions in Instructional Support are essential for young children as they develop language and thinking skills. Whether you’re new to CLASS or need a boost in this challenging domain, you’ll gain the knowledge and strategies you need to strengthen.
Teachers attending this program will:
• Build a lens to identify effective Instructional Support interactions
• Use CLASS language to describe effective Instructional Support interactions and explain why these interactions are important to children’s development
• Watch real classroom videos illustrating effective interactions
• Apply this lens to their own teaching practices
For an optimal virtual training experience, please note the following:
• Users will need access to high-speed internet. The minimum speed is 600kbps, however 1.5Mbps is recommended.
• Participating on a computer is best however, a tablet may also be used. Training over a phone is not allowed.
• Ideally, each user will use video for a more interactive experience. Any camera recognized by the computer (built-in or webcam) will work.
• Any microphone and speaker can be internal or external as long as they are recognized by the computer. For a co-located audience with a remote trainer, the requirements are largely the same.
Please note your ECE Workforce Registry, email (work or personal) and shipping address are required for this virtual training.
Any questions please email me directly : Jennifer.L.Martinez@first5sf.org
Please note this training will be in English we have a Spanish version of this training on June 30, 2020.
Start Time : 9 AM-5 PM
One hour lunch and 2- 15 minute breaks
“Creo que nuestro personal realmente se benefició de todo el entrenamiento. Todos los entrenamientos permite al personal para explorar y pensar de manera diferente y mantener al día …”
-Helen Lao, Co-Director, Little Footprints Preschool